Services for Tenants
If you are looking to rent in St Albans and surrounding areas, why not drop in and see us at Rumball Sedgwick. We provide services for tenants with a wide range of properties to suit all budgets from studio apartments to executive homes. Whether you are a seasoned expert tenant or renting for the first time, here are some guidelines which will help you prepare for renting a property. The rental market is fast moving and competitive, so being prepared with all the below will help you secure the right property!
Register with us now
Frequently the more desirable properties are let even before they reach the internet, so register early with us so you can get a viewing as early as possible. Be as flexible as you can with viewings, the sooner you can see the property the better chance you’ll have of making an offer that is accepted.
Affordability and referencing
We commission a dedicated agency to undertake the referencing process. You will be asked to complete an online application form supplied by them. This will ask for all the information required to make the following lines of enquiry:
- Current Landlord’s reference (if applicable)
- Employer’s reference stating salary, length of service
- Previous Employer’s reference (if less than 6 months with current employer)
- Copy Accounts for the past year (if self-employed)
- Bankruptcy and CCJ check
- Address History
In addition, we may take other relevant references or obtain further information, depending on individual circumstances.
If for any reason you can’t meet the above criteria, you’ll need a guarantor to secure the property. The most common reason is if your annual household income falls short of what is required. If you feel you need a guarantor, have those conversations now! It is important to remember that your guarantor will have to undergo the same checks as you would have had to. Their responsibilities include the following:
- They have to guarantee the property for the entire occupancy, not just the initial period
- They will to have undergo the same referencing process
- They must be UK-based, and be in full time employment